When you convert a club to a house what happens?
- In a club only Admins & Leaders open rooms. In a House any member can open rooms and hang-out in the lounge. A house is more like a Facebook Group.
- When you convert a Club to a house your Club members are invited to join your House. (They are not ported over! They have to accept the invite.)
- I repeat, your members aren’t ported over. If you go to the members of your house after a conversion you will see next to their names “Hasn’t joined yet” – Clubhouse doesn’t actually share this detail with you.
- As can be expected most of your members aren’t active when you do the conversion, they are also receiving other notifications so the likelihood that they convert is minimal.
- At the time of writing this when you convert you lose all Replays (they are working to fix this).
I hope this helps other people. We did the conversion and went from a 35,000 member club down to a few hundred actual House Members. We definitely have 28,000+ people with the “Hasn’t joined yet.” tag. In short the members we added over two years went from 35,000 to nearly zero in just a few clicks. Don’t make the same mistake!!!