- Choose a protectable name.
- Your business name should be something you can trademark. Visit USPTO.GOV for more information on the type of business names that qualify for protection.
- Ensure no other business exists with an extremely similar name, a simple Google Search & Trademark search on USPTO should help.
- You can always add a descriptor alongside a unique business name. For example Redzel Marketing, Tesla Motors etc.
- Secure a good domain and claim the name on leading platforms even if you’re not ready to build a strong presence their just yet.
This step is critical especially if you aim to grow beyond your initial market. The last thing you need as you start to grow is to run into legal troubles and the need to rebrand under a new name just when you’re picking up steam.
Leave A Comment